- 1/2 Cup Oils of you choice (4 oz) - I used mostly Coconut Oil, with about a Tbs each of Grapeseed Oil and Vitamin E Oil. Feel free to substitute olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- 2 Tbs Bees Wax Pellets (1/2 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Chamomile or Comfrey Root Tea (2 oz) - Make it very strong!
- 1/4 Tsp Borax - Add to the tea - Optional, helps with emulsification
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Tea Tree Oil
- 1 Tsp other Essential Oil of your choice - Optional - I used peppermint oil
In a double boiler melt Bees Wax Pellets and 1/2 cup oils. Set on low, this will take 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the tea mixture. Blend until creamy (I used a stick blender for this).
Stir in the honey and essential oils.
Once the mixture cools a little, water may start to separate. If this happens, just strain it off. Keep your lotion in the refrigerator! If you want to extend the shelf life, add 1/4 Tsp of GrapeFRUITseed oil.